How to Choose the Best Cloud Platforms for your Startup
Cloud platforms are the future of startups.
They offer lower costs, greater flexibility, and faster deployment than traditional software development methodologies. But how do you choose the right cloud platform? The good news is that there are many options available to business owners who want to build their own cloud-based software applications.
Related: 5 Reasons Why Startups Should Invest in Cloud Services
Read on to learn more about how you can take advantage of these new technologies and succeed in today's competitive marketplace:
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
If you’re looking to build your startup in the cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a great choice. This cloud platform is used by both large enterprises and startups.
At AWS, there are many services that can help with your startup needs like:
- Auto Scaling
- Databases (MySQL, MariaDB, and PostgreSQL)
- Load Balancers
- Relational Database Service (RDS)
Microsoft Azure is a platform for building, testing, deploying, and managing applications and services through a global network of Microsoft-managed data centers. Azure supports Linux virtual machines as well as Windows Server-based applications.
Microsoft offers several options to host your application on Azure:
- Use an existing Database-As-A-Service (DaaS) like SQL Database or MongoDB Atlas.
- Run the application in an App Service Plan, which has various tiers based on performance needs (web app tier, web app for mobile devices tier).
- Use Azure Container Service for running containers in any combination of Linux and Windows VMs in your existing virtual networks.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Google Cloud Platform is a cloud computing platform that offers a set of cloud-based tools and services.
Google Cloud Platform is a public cloud computing platform, which allows users to store, process, and analyze data. It also provides other features such as artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, and analytics.
With Google Cloud Platform, you can:
- Deploy virtual machines quickly on demand in response to changing business needs; they are billed by the second so you only pay for what you use.
- Host websites on Google’s network with automatic scaling so they can handle traffic spikes without slowing down or crashing their servers.
Choosing the best cloud platform requires a lot of careful consideration
Choosing the best cloud platform for your startup requires a lot of careful consideration. You will have to balance your budget against what you need, and then consider your team's skills, requirements, data, and security needs.
You also need to think about compliance and future growth as well. It is important that you choose the right solution for now as well as for the future.
Related: Why Should Startups Use Cloud Managed Services?
We encourage you to consider all of the above factors when making your choice. By carefully considering your options, you can make an informed decision that will take your business to new heights.
If you need expert help in managing your cloud infrastructure; our certified team of cloud engineers can help you optimize performance and costs. Contact us today.